Wednesday, July 30, 2014

8 Reasons I'm still in my 20's




I don't understand why soooooo much emphasis has to be put on being ' in our twenties'. Can't we ALWAYS be young? Why is that the only age bracket where certain things are acceptable and when certain things need to cease?

I mean, I get it. I'm 30 and I totally think about the energy and smaller amount of wrinkles I had when I was 20. And sometimes I cry. No, I'm just kidding. But really, when I get through crying though, I completely relish in the fact I'm alive and I'm still the same old me just refined.  Yeah-refined, I said it. You can stop laughing now.

Aside from physicalities and some life changes, I really am pretty much the same person I was throughout my roarin' twenties. I've decided to include some examples of how I am totally able to still be young and vibrant. Check it:

1.  I still jam out to the same old hip hop music and head bob like I'm a friggin' boss. Course, my neck gets a little stiff rather quickly now, but whatevs.

2. I can  still dance wherever there's music while clearly yelling, " this is my jammmmm!" to pretty much every single song that comes on. In the living room.

3. I can slap on a pair of stripper heels and walk with the same confidence I could at 22. My recent back surgery makes that walk a ltttle slower but come on, ladies, I mean who would let that stop us, am I right?? Aaaaaand I just ankle rolled and landed on my a$$. Ouch.

4. I am totes mah goats down with all the supa fly lingo I was ten years ago AND am hip to all the new slang and mustaches! Dude, what is UP with the mustaches???

5. I can still fit into the same pair of jeans I wore in high school. Take that , haters! I mean being able to get them up to my knees totally counts. Winning!

6. My makeup tactics are perfected and still greatly enhance my features. It's true, I can use concealer, foundation and powder and totally still see my crow's feet. Talk about beauty enhancement. Sexy.

7.  I still get carded for alcohol. Mmm hmm, still look 21, I guess. Just because I have the ID out of my wallet, out on the counter and I make eye contact with the clerk then look down at my ID then back at them again doesn't prompt them to check it out of obligation.  Nope, still lookin' barely legal.....

8. Staying up late is still my forte. Yup, ready to party all night long. Oh you wanna meet up at 10? Yeah, that's cool I'll be there . I just gotta eat dinner, take a shower, feed the baby, put the baby to bed, pick out a hot outfit, have 4 cups of coffee, drink some Red Bull...yeah we're gonna have to reschedule.

Ok, ok so I'm not in my twenties anymore. Clearly. But who cares? Ok it does suck a little,  but really it's not that big of a deal. We just tend to obsess over youth because society says we're not able to do things past a certain age. Bull, I say.  Bull.
Life changes as we get older and it's inevitable. My main thing is, if we live young within reason then being 21, 26, or " staying 29" aren't things that we need to feel alive. We can still look good, have fun, and kick it like we always have just with a bit more flava now. There's no law that says we have to stop listening to hip hop or rock music, heading out on the town or that we have to stop dancing. We can  still sign up for a 5k race, zip line through the trees or whatever other adventure sounds good as we age. It's all about modifying our lives appropriately and considering our loved ones along the way. I don't know about you, but if I lived my life quite the same way I lived my life at 21, I certainly wouldn't have the life I live now. So live young, people, your twenties is certainly not the only place your allowed to do so.
Xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment