Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Give Thanks: Catch the Thankfulitis





How 'bout that snow, eh , guys?!!

It's  that time of year again to eat till your pants cause a serious pain in your lower abdomen and when naps are a must.  A time where people come together and bring odd dishes like jello molds and cheap wine.  Tomorrow,  my pals,  is Thanksgiving!

I could eat a Thanksgiving meal 365 days a year without question.  It's my favorite,  especially the way my Mom makes it because no one ever makes it like dear ole' Ma.  I just love getting together and stuffing our guts and having a few laughs.  Usually those laughs involve my Dad somehow because it's always fun to pick on your Dad!! Love ya,  Dad.

The thing that makes me think , though,  is that every year and every Thanksgiving is not guaranteed. Compared to when I was younger,  I've lost two uncles, my Nana,  had an aunt and a sister move away,  currently have an aunt that battles that asshole known as Cancer and my other sister unfortunately,  is very sick with a mental illness that keeps her from her sanity and in turn, keeps her from being able to be around us. It's devastating and it's hard and everyone has hard times,  I'm no worse off than anyone else.  I'm just saying look around this Thanksgiving.

Look around and see who you have beside you and the glorious grub before you and entice new memories and stories.  Be thankful not just on Thanksgiving Day, but vow to be thankful each day.  It's not always easy to do,  especially when things go wrong,  and I hear ya,  I know how that goes.  Every moment that passes,  however, we have a new chance to embrace the thankful-itis and appreciate it.

What are you thankful for?  Seriously,  name five things,  right now,  that you are thankful for and vow to remember them everyday and even add one or two a day. Here are my five:

1. A beautiful and crazy family:)
2. A cozy roof over my head.
3. A job with benefits,  learning opportunities,  and great co-workers.
4. Friends that are nutty like me.
5. My health.

See?  Not that hard to catch the thankful-itis. There's no cure once you catch it,  and it IS possible to spread Thankfulitis to others. So go spread it!!!!

So tonight,  after a quick play in the snow with my husband and son on this fine Thanksgiving Eve,  I vow to give thanks for another holiday I am blessed to see.  You never know when those odd jello
molds and wine will stop showing up or when the turkey could get a little bit smaller.
Love each other and love this insane,  pain in the bum, but pretty bitchin' life that you have in front of your eyes.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all:)
Love, Lauren xoxo

And to my Sister,  Allison,
May you be warm wherever you are and know that we pray for you to overcome this illness.  We
miss you and we love you.  Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment