Saturday, November 22, 2014

Reasons Not to Hate My Husband

'                                  

      
                                  
   

I want to punch my husband in the head a lot. I'm pretty sure I have even told him I was going to do so on more than one occasion. It's a true story.

I do, however, have many reasons to NOT punch my husband in the head and I like to try and focus on those things instead. Ok...starting today I would like to try and focus on those things instead. Happy now, Zachary? I can see him laughing from here when he reads that. Hardy har har.

Anyway, being married or in a relationship, period, is hard. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and often times it just sucks. It's so easy to focus on what someone is doing to piss you off instead of what they are doing to keep you happy and that never results in anything good. I find it way easier to yell at my husband than to give him a hug and play nice sometimes and that's not cool. There are many, many reasons that I love the guy and those reasons keep me from doing bodily harm against him when he infuriates me. I'm reminded why I fell in love with him and he stays safe. It's a win, win!!!!

So today, I share reasons to love and not hate. Here goes: 


-He kisses me before I brush my teeth in the morning. Ok, it's gross but it's love.
-He says he's sorry and he says it WAY more than I do. Sorry:(
-He turns on the TV for me so I can sleep at night even though he mumbles about it under his breath.
-He holds my hand when I don't expect it.
-He drives me to work in bad weather because he knows I'm scared. Aaaaaand because he knows I'm more likely to crash the car.
-He lets me watch all my "lame" shows even though he bitches about it.
-He sings to me. Ok it's usually a song unrelated to love and unrelated to me and he sings it loud and crazy ,but he sings.
-He dealt with me being an absolute nutcase while pregnant. No, really...NUT....CASE.
-He watched me push out a human and talked me through every minute.
-He holds back my hair if I'm going to vom.
-He makes sure I don't wear an ugly outfit.
-He surprises me with beer. Oh, and flowers. :)
-He wakes me up to tell me I'm snoring and scaring the neighborhood children.
-He knows better than to ask me what I want for dinner more than twice.
-He always serves me my food first and usually a huge helping 'cuz I likes to eat!
-He always makes me laugh even when I want to throw numb chucks at his groin.
-He lets me hold the remote. Not always, mind you, but it happens.
-He accepts the other love in my life which is napping. I friggin love naps! Oh, and Channing Tatum. 
-He tolerates my inability to understand certain movie plots which leads me to say , " I don't get it."
-He gets up with my son when he knows I want to sleep till at least 8 o'clock.
-He painted my toenails when I was too pregnant to bend over. 
-He buys me tampons.
-He acts totally stupid with me, especially when a sweet jam comes on the radio.
-He reads my blog ( tee he hee).
-He cares about my dreams, even the outlandish ones like becoming a famous singer or actress;).
-He tells me I can when I say I can't. 
-He never gives up on me:):):)
-He always, always says "I love you" even when I know he wants to secretly kill me but he doesn't try because spouses are always the number one suspect. Awww, thanks, honey!


There's a ton of reasons not to hate my husband and those are just some of the fun ones:). The main reason, honestly, is because he puts me before himself without question and that isn't always easy to do. I'm a lot to handle when I get pissy and full of worry so I should probably be nicer sometimes.
 

So, ladies, when you want to hate your husband, try a little harder to remind yourself why you don't. :)
  





No comments:

Post a Comment