Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Hope-A-Lutions

Jeez,  I've been slacking on the blogging! 

The holidays have been busy as well as me trying to finalize my applications for nursing school.  Crazzzzzy.

Anywayyyyy.... I have decided to call all the plans I have for the New Year "hope-a-lutions" because they are things I hope to do.  I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I always follow through on every plan I have each year because that would be straight bullshit.  I will say, however,  that I always keep trying and always will. 

Without further a do ( is that how you spell that?),  here are my 2015 vows..... 

1. Be Happy: I have to stop worrying so much, it's an exhausting way to live. Gotta tell aggravation and pissy moments to piss off and just smile more. 
Shit,  that reminds me I should probably make a dentist appointment, also. 

2. Lose weight: ehhh, 45 lbs or so? Once again,  I want to be bathing suit ready for summer. Oh and have implants and a tan by then,  too.  No big deal.

3. Eat right: I am NOT going to never have chicken fingers again,  I'm just saying better choices are in order because ya can't always pick the burger over the salad. Well,  you can't always pick the salad over the burger either,  but you get it. 

4. Exercise: I really, really want to be active and enjoy it but typically,  I do not.  I hope to find something I can do that will get me and keep me in shape.  I don't like feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack on the elliptical.  Real downer.

5. Drink less: I love beer and beer loves me.  It likes to sit in my belly and splash around like a joyous little child playing in the bathtub.  It loves me so much,  in fact that it invites its' friends to come hang out... six of them...for a partaaay. Well,  I'm here to tell ya it doesn't take that many beers to bloat you up and stick to your insides. Gotta have less beer parties.

6. Get it done: I like naps and I would choose chillin' over cleanin' any damn day.  It is no question that I need to just get whatever I need done completed instead of saying I'll do it later. 

7. Accept who your friends are: It's sad,  but true,  that over time people you claim to be friends with just aren't anymore.  I'm not talking about the friends you can't seem to coordinate time with simply due to life,  family,  work etc.  That's just the way it goes sometimes.  I'm talking about people that don't bend for you the way you bend for them or people that only want you around when their bored or find you boring if your not bar hopping till 4 am.  Some friends will always be there,  other times you need to find new ones. 

8. Fight Less: My Husband can be a giant D as much as I can be a giant B but we bicker over some dumb shit.  It's annoying and I would love to save my breath for something worth fighting about.  Like what's for friggin' dinner,  for example. 

9. Live in the NOW: I have a bad habit of thinking,  " what if" way too often and fearing an outcome or situation that hasn't even happened.  One moment at a time is the attitude I'm going to try and adopt because,  really,  all we have is right now.

10. Get into nursing school: Yes,  it must happen before I'm 97 years old.

11.  Follow through : I hope to follow through on these hope-a-lutions and set a good example for myself for next year. 

We all know we shouldn't need a new year just to be who we want to be or do what we want to do,  but I do plan to make 2015 a great year all year long.  I hope all my friends and family do the same but if not,  I'll have the beer and shitty food ready!!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment